Following a report on fleet additions yesterday was it finally possible to get the Coastal Aviation management to confirm their planned new destinations.
One, Dolly Estate, is notably near Usa River outside Arusha, which will allow safari clients, business travelers and of course golfers who aim to tee off at KiliGolf to have almost direct access to the course and the neighbouring communities. The date when flights will commence will be announced here in due course.
The destination will be a scheduled stop, normally served with one of the airline's reliable Cessna C208B Grand Caravans.
For June next year did the airline's CEO Julian Edmunds then name Lake Natron as an additional stop over destination, probably in combination with flights to the Serengeti and Manyara, finally opening up the Lake Natron area to visitors preferring to fly in rather than having to take the arduous and long road journey from Arusha.
Coastal is best known for their tourist flights from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar and Mafia and national parks and reserves like the Selous, Ruaha, Rubondo and of course across the northern circuit out of the Arusha Municipal field to Manyara, and the various airstrips across the Serengeti.
he following specials are valid for all new bookings confirmed prior to 31 December 2016, for travel before 31 March 2017.
“Stay 6, Pay 5”: Book any 6 Asilia Tanzania nights in an itinerary (combination or stand-alone) and the 6th night is free of charge. Offer excludes Namiri Plains and Olakira Migration Camp.
“Stay 4, Pay 3”: Book any 4 Asilia Kenya nights in an itinerary (combination or stand-alone) and the 4th night is free of charge.
Matemwe: “Stay 4, Pay 3”: at Matemwe Main Lodge, Retreat or Beach House as a stand-alone offer.
Rubondo Island: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer.
Kwihala Camp: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer.
Jabali Ridge: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer, for travel before 31 December 2017. (Opening September 2017).
Early Bird Special:
Book now for travel between 1 January – 31 June 2018, and receive 2017 rates (Offer expires on release of 2018 rates).
- Free nights exclude applicable government charges: TDL, park fees, service levies, camping and concession fees. (As your ARP consultant for the fees applicable)
- These specials replace all other existing special offers with immediate effect.
- Specials cannot be combined.
- Subject to availability
We would like to bring to your attention the current delays we are experiencing at OR Tambo International Airport.
The South African Department of Home Affairs (DHA) recently implemented Bio-metric scans for all travelers applying for Visas on arrival, previously there where two queues, one for Visa applications and one for non-Visa or Visa already issued travelers, unfortunately this has now been reduced to one queue which has resulted in an average queuing time of 1 – 1hour30 minutes.
Collectively as an Industry we are again lobbying the DHA to staff up accordingly and until this has been addressed by the DHA the situation remains chaotic.
We would like to suggest that for guests with close connecting times, that we include meet and greet services in their itineraries. Although not always permitted, we do have access to the fast track counter which for the large part we can use to get your guests through and onto their connecting flight. We would suggest that nothing less than 3 hours is factored in when booking connecting flights.
This great offer is just in time for the school holiday break.
Book now for a stay at Alfajri and up to two children stay free (see the terms and conditions below).
- Offer valid up to the end NOVEMBER 2016.
- Subject to availability
- Applicable to new bookings only.
- Applicable to a maximum number of 2 children under 13 years travelling with both parents . Additional children & teenagers will be charged at applicable rate.
A small new property in the Sera Conservancy offers the unique opportunity to track black rhinoceros.
Ranger tracks rhinos that have microchips embeded
Some facts on the black rhino of Sera Conservancy:
- Through traditional Samburu tracking methods and transmitters that are connected to a microchip in the horns of the 11 black rhinos – guests will track within metres of the rhinos
- This is East Africa’s only black rhino tracking experience on foot
- This is the first time in East Africa a local community is responsible for the protection and management of the highly threatened black rhino
- This is a historical moment - 11 black rhino were relocated last year to Sera, a vast private wilderness of over 350,000 acres in northern Kenya
- Black rhino haven’t been in Samburu for over 25 years. The key objective of this project is to protect and increase their numbers
- Very few tourists have ever been to Sera – this community partnership opens up this vast and pristine wilderness to low impact tourism
- The rhino are located in a 54,000 hectare fenced sanctuary within this vast wilderness
- In addition to tracking the rhinos, your stay at Saruni Rhino will allow guests to visit the incredible bird watching paradise called “Fifty Wells”, where hundreds of thousands of birds congregate every day; the nearby newly-opened Reteti Elephant Orphanage operated by NRT; and to explore one of the most spectacular regions in Kenya where the traditional Samburu culture remains unchanged
About the lodge
- Must be over 16 to experience the rhino tracking
- Small, rustic and intimate with just two cottages sleeping four–six people
- An additional tented camp inside the rhino sanctuary will be added soon
- Opens 1st February 2017
How to sell it
- Suggested itinerary is two nights at Saruni Samburu and two nights at Saruni Rhino
- All bookings to Saruni Rhino must be combined with Saruni Samburu
- Fly in and out of Kalama (in Samburu) on scheduled flights
Contact your ARP Travel Group Consultant for details.
Families staying at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge will soon be able to take advantage of a beautiful new Family Suite. The suite will be available for bookings from 16 December 2016.
- The Family Suite includes an adjoining children’s room with a separate bathroom. The room will be set up with two single beds. A third single bed can be requested but is subject to availability.
- A private vehicle is not included in the rate for the Family Suite.
Citing plans for extensive renovations and low business, the owners of Kenya's Galdessa Camp in Tsavo East have announced that the camp will be closing on 01 November and will remain closed through 2017.