Asilia Africa are delighted to announce their expansion in Ruaha with the opening of our second property in the park, Jabali Ridge.
- Lesser seen species such as wild dog, sable antelope, roan antelope, Liechtenstein's hartebeest and both Lesser and Greater kudu can be found in the park.
- A true wilderness experience: 20,226 km² with low vehicle and visitor numbers means an exclusive, uncrowded safari in contrast to the busier north.
- The eco-system is home to 10% of the world's lion population and these lion regularly hunt buffalo and giraffe making for explosive game viewing.
- The park is a transition zone between the southern (Zambezian) ecosystem, characterised by miombo woodland, and the eastern (Sudanian) ecosystem is characterised by savannah landscapes. This is what accounts for the incredible diversity, with over 1600 plant species and 574 bird species.
Why Jabali Ridge?
- Infinity pool for cooling off on hot afternoons and spa facilities for reviving tired travellers.
- Excellent location close to the core game viewing area of the Mwagusi River.
- Sophisticated accommodation designed by Caline Williams Wynn who worked with us on The Highlands.
- Views all the way to the Mwagusi River from Jabali's elevated location up on a kopje.
- Senior guide and management team for a hosted safari experience offering game drives, walking safaris and night drives.
We are delighted to announce that we have a new Free Night offer at Mahali Mzuri for 2017.
Details on this offer are below –
This offer is for all new bookings made from the 18th October 2016 for arrivals from 2nd January - 31st March 2017. The free night offer applies to stays of at least 4 nights where your final night will be free (i.e. 4 for 3)
We do have the following blackout dates where this offer will not apply, and future blackout dates may occur. This will be advised at time of enquiry.
- 01 – 03 February inclusive
- 11 – 13 January inclusive
- 26 – 29 January inclusive
- 14 – 16 February inclusive
Subject to availability and applies to new bookings only made from 17th October 2016 for stays from 2nd January-31st March 2017. This offer cannot be used for cancelled then reinstated bookings. Blackout dates include 11-13 January 2017, 26-29 January 2017, 1-3 February 2017, 14-16 February 2017 and further blackout dates may apply. A ll our normal terms and conditions are applicable with this offer. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or packages with the exception of the 'Kids go free’ offer. Stays must be for a minimum of 4 nights (and there is a maximum of one free night per booking.)
he following specials are valid for all new bookings confirmed prior to 31 December 2016, for travel before 31 March 2017.
“Stay 6, Pay 5”: Book any 6 Asilia Tanzania nights in an itinerary (combination or stand-alone) and the 6th night is free of charge. Offer excludes Namiri Plains and Olakira Migration Camp.
“Stay 4, Pay 3”: Book any 4 Asilia Kenya nights in an itinerary (combination or stand-alone) and the 4th night is free of charge.
Matemwe: “Stay 4, Pay 3”: at Matemwe Main Lodge, Retreat or Beach House as a stand-alone offer.
Rubondo Island: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer.
Kwihala Camp: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer.
Jabali Ridge: “Stay 3, Pay 2” as a stand-alone offer, for travel before 31 December 2017. (Opening September 2017).
Early Bird Special:
Book now for travel between 1 January – 31 June 2018, and receive 2017 rates (Offer expires on release of 2018 rates).
- Free nights exclude applicable government charges: TDL, park fees, service levies, camping and concession fees. (As your ARP consultant for the fees applicable)
- These specials replace all other existing special offers with immediate effect.
- Specials cannot be combined.
- Subject to availability
Richard's River Camp in Kenya's Masai Mara National Reserve has taken the number 2 award from Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards.
The award is in the category "Top Resorts in Africa" and is a great achievement for the camp. You can book your stay at Richard's River Camp through Alpha Travel and Pollman's Tours & Safaris.
This great offer is just in time for the school holiday break.
Book now for a stay at Alfajri and up to two children stay free (see the terms and conditions below).
- Offer valid up to the end NOVEMBER 2016.
- Subject to availability
- Applicable to new bookings only.
- Applicable to a maximum number of 2 children under 13 years travelling with both parents . Additional children & teenagers will be charged at applicable rate.
Following a report on fleet additions yesterday was it finally possible to get the Coastal Aviation management to confirm their planned new destinations.
One, Dolly Estate, is notably near Usa River outside Arusha, which will allow safari clients, business travelers and of course golfers who aim to tee off at KiliGolf to have almost direct access to the course and the neighbouring communities. The date when flights will commence will be announced here in due course.
The destination will be a scheduled stop, normally served with one of the airline's reliable Cessna C208B Grand Caravans.
For June next year did the airline's CEO Julian Edmunds then name Lake Natron as an additional stop over destination, probably in combination with flights to the Serengeti and Manyara, finally opening up the Lake Natron area to visitors preferring to fly in rather than having to take the arduous and long road journey from Arusha.
Coastal is best known for their tourist flights from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar and Mafia and national parks and reserves like the Selous, Ruaha, Rubondo and of course across the northern circuit out of the Arusha Municipal field to Manyara, and the various airstrips across the Serengeti.
Families staying at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge will soon be able to take advantage of a beautiful new Family Suite. The suite will be available for bookings from 16 December 2016.
- The Family Suite includes an adjoining children’s room with a separate bathroom. The room will be set up with two single beds. A third single bed can be requested but is subject to availability.
- A private vehicle is not included in the rate for the Family Suite.