Kilimanjaro International Airport [JRO] have announced that they will be closing the airport each night between 2300 and 0800 hours each day until the end of April.
- Turkish Airline will now land into JRO at 0800 hrs
- Condor will also change schedule to arrive at 0800 hrs
- KQ/PW Flight arriving at 2300 hrs and departing at 0600 hrs have been cancelled for now
- Qatar is changing their schedule to arrive at 1100 hrs in the morning
LIFTING OF FCO TRAVEL ADVICE FOR LAMU ISLAND AND MANDA ISLAND 09/03/2017
Kenya’s tourism industry has welcomed the removal of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advisory for Lamu Island and Manda Island on the 9th of March, 2017 by the UK Government. Both areas are now open for access by air via Manda Airstrip. Airlines serving this airport include Air Kenya, SafariLink, Fly 540 and JamboJet from Nairobi, and Mombasa Air Safari from Mombasa.
“This latest announcement means visitors to Kenya have the opportunity to visit this unspoilt area of the coastline, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lamu Old Town, the oldest and best-preserved Swahili settlement in East Africa,” says Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) Chairman, Mr. Jimi Kariuki.
Kenya’s coastline offers 500km of tranquil Indian Ocean beaches and the announcement expands the current coastal product offering. Other popular areas of Kenya’s coastline include:
North Coast:1 Mombasa Island, Nyali Beach, Bamburi Beach, Shanzu Beach, Mtwapa, Kakambala, Vipingo, Kilifi, Watamu, Malindi
South Coast: Shelly Beach, Tiwi Beach, Diani Beach, Galu Beach, Kinondo Beach, Msambweni Beach, Shimoni Beach, Wasini Island, Funzi Island
The following airports offer access points onto the Kenya coast:
Moi International Airport (Mombasa)
Malindi Airport (for travel to Malindi and Watamu)
Ukunda / Diani Airport (for Diani and resorts further south to the Tanzanian border)
Manda Airstrip (for travel to Lamu Island)
One Nature is a pure and opulent luxury group; dedicated to delivering unparalleled nature based travel experiences, by combining supreme luxury, upscale service and genuine commitment to sustainability.
They are very proud to announce that their first property, One Nature Nyaruswiga is now open in the Serengeti, and are looking forward to hosting your clients as their guests.
IN THE CAMP
- Twelve stunning (1) Bedroom tents with Sitting Area, En-suite Bathroom and private Sundeck
- One exquisite Family tent with (2) Bedrooms, (1) sharing Lounge, (2) En-suite Bathrooms and private Sundeck
- Facilities: Dining Area, Lounge & Bar, Plunge Pool & Jacuzzi, Astral Observation Deck, Trade Post, Badminton Court
- 24 h Electricity powered by a smart hybrid solar power system
- Filtered Water
- Complimentary WiFi across the property
IN THE GUEST TENTS
- Unobstructed view of the Nyaruswiga plains
- Solid European Oak flooring
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Romantic hand hammered freestanding copper Bathtub
- Well stocked complementary leather Bar
- Handmade Emperor sized Teak Bed (7 rooms can be converted to Twin Beds), topped with a deluxe custom-ordered mattress from Serta® – Makers of the world’s best mattresses
- Linen and duvet covers made from 100%, 400 thread count Egyptian cotton and finest European white goose down pillows with varying firmness
IN THE EN SUITE BATHROOM
- Enclosed with a beautiful handmade teak wall and a sliding door
- Spacious Indoor shower and sensational Outdoor shower with a gorgeous view of the Nyaruswiga plains
- Top of the line polished nickel Hansgrohe shower and washbasin fittings, Villeroy & Boch WCs, and his & hers hand-hammered copper wash basins
IN THE LOUNGE TENT
- Indoor and Outdoor sitting area with unobstructed view of the Nyaruswiga plains
- Come rain or shine, Indoor sitting area easily accommodates ALL guests
- Solid European Oak flooring and seven different clusters of luxurious Indoor lounge sets
- A gorgeous custom designed Bar stocked with some of the world’s finest Liquors & Cigars
- A top of the line Coffee machine — Here coffee is an experience
IN THE DINING TENT
- Indoor and Outdoor dining area with unobstructed view of the Nyaruswiga plains
- Indoor dining area easily accommodates ALL guests
- Solid European Oak flooring and lavish handcrafted furniture with designer decorative accessories
- High-end luxury tableware collections
- Epicurean meals and gastronomic treats
- Sophisticated fine dining service
Please contact your ARP Travel Consultant to make your clients' reservation.
Elewana is offering 15% discount on their popular SkySafari packages in Kenya and Tanzania. These include the Classic SkySafari and the new Connoisseur SkySafari in Kenya as well as the Classic SkySafari in Tanzania.
To get this great discount, you simply need to book the SkySafari of your choice by 20 June 2017. Please see the terms and conditions below for details.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This offer applies to SkySafari 2017 departures (SkySafari Tanzania Classic, SkySafari Kenya Classic or SkySafari Kenya Connoisseur) with the exception of all July 2017 departures
- To qualify for the discount, the booking has to be confirmed no later than 20-Jun-17
- The discount is not applicable to SkySafari Extensions, park fees nor statutory taxes
- Applicable to new bookings only. Cancelling & rebooking of current reservations is not permitted
- This offer cannot be combined with any other current or future offers
- This offer cannot be redeemed for cash
- Subject to availability
- STO rates apply
- Please use discount code SKY15 when booking
We have been informed that Zanzibar's Ras Nungwi Hotel has been destroyed by fire. There were no injuries thanks to the efforts of management and staff.
Please note that the hotel will be closed until further notice.
Neptune Hotels, East Africa’s leading hotel group, is proud to announce that Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa in Zanzibar has been awarded AGAIN with the prestigious Holiday Check Top Hotel 2017 Award.
The important award is based on feedback of the guests and are strong motivators for our teams. With the Holiday Check Top Hotel 2017 Award, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is one of the most loved hotels worldwide.
Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is the ideal choice if you are looking for that “special touch”, the finest of details. 150 deluxe and 4 master suites, all rooms enjoy Indian Ocean views. This 5 star luxurious resort has been meticulously created emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors, furnishing, meeting top international standards. Located North-East, on Zanzibar’s best beach on the Kiwengwa shoreline and 45 km from the International Airport and Stone Town. The 6 restaurants offer a large array of fine international and local cuisine. Indulge in our various natural treatments at the magical Earth & Rain Spa. A resort like no other.
Neptune Hotels is continuously investing in all its beach resorts, tented camps and safari lodges to fulfil the needs of the todays Africa traveller.
We promise African Memories.